Because we don’t all have time to keep up with the daily churn that is the music blogosphere, we’ve collected and assembled the most essential and interesting links from the past week. This inaugural edition of the weekly music blogosphere link roundup sees SXSW 2012 reviews and reactions, Record Store Day announcements, and a lot of Odd Future buzz. Here, for your reading pleasure, are the best music blog links from March 18th 2012 to March 25th 2012.
Music Links You May Have Missed
- The A$AP Rocky Mob attacks a fan at SXSW for throwing beer.
- Titus Andronicus release Titus Andronicus LLC Mixtape Vol. 1, which you can download for free on their Tumblr.
- Couldn’t make it to SXSW? No problem! Watch the video of Bruce Springsteen’s keynote session.
- Odd Future released a new mixtape, and the early reviews are positive.
- Best Coast releases three new songs.
- Tennis and Oberhofer hit the late night circuit.
- Alan Palomo (Neon Indian) is the latest addition to Terrence Malick’s Lawless.
- Arcade Fire get the Soulwax remix treatment.
- Download the free Action Bronson / Party Supplies Blue Chips mixtape (Pitchfork gave it an 8.1)
- Bloc Party signs with Frenchkiss records.
- David Bowie will reissue the classic Ziggie Stardust, including a 180 gram vinyl version.
- Earl Sweatshirt returns to Odd Future – see his live debut.
- Slightly older link, but still awesome. The Flaming Lips musical will debut later this year.
- Spotify released a ton of new apps including dedicated apps for labels like Matador, Def Jam and Domino
- Check out Stereogum’s 2012 SXSW Superlatives
- The Flaming Lips will release The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends for Record Store Day.
- Record Store Day announced the full list of 2012 releases.